Residential Laminate Flooring Products and Services
Laminate flooring looks just like hardwood floors but without the expensive price tag! In fact, laminate flooring technology has made it so that the two cannot be distinguished by the untrained eye. Hardwood-look laminates offer fantastic visuals and rate even higher in durability. Wood laminate floors surpass hardwood in scratch and dent durability and withstand most household activity.
Laminate flooring is perfect for any homeowner who has considered hardwood in the bathroom or kitchen but is not sure about its ability to cope with water and humidity. Laminate wood flooring with its topical water warranty is a great solution.
About Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is also called floating wood tile. It is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood or sometimes stone, with a photographic appliqué layer, under a clear protective layer. The inner core layer is usually composed of melamine resin and fiber board materials. There is sometimes a glue backing for ease of installation.
The Benefits of Laminate
Laminate flooring has become very popular for homeowners for a variety of reasons:
• The Look of Wood or Stone without the Cost: Laminate flooring achieves the look of natural wood at a fraction of the cost.
• Aesthetically Pleasing: Laminate flooring provides an elegant and finished look to any room in the home. It can match very well with almost any décor, all colours and patterns.
• Durability: When compared to natural wood and stone, laminate flooring is more durable, stain resistant and it won’t fade. Laminate flooring is also resistant to dents so it can be used in high traffic areas around the home.
• Use in Any Room: Due to laminate flooring’s resistance to moisture it can be used in the bathroom or kitchen without worrying about the potential of damage.
• Easy Maintenance: A wood floor requires waxing, oiling and staining to keep it looking its best. Laminate flooring only requires sweeping, vacuuming and the occasional wash with a damp mop.
Care and Maintenance
It is important to keep laminate clean, as dust, dirt and sand particles may scratch the surface over time, in high-traffic areas. Laminate flooring should remain relatively dry, since sitting water and moisture can cause the planks to swell and warp. Some brands are equipped with water-resistant coatings. Ask Cadillac Carpers to advise if water and moisture is a concern for your household. Water spills are not a problem if they’re wiped up quickly, and not allowed to sit for a prolonged period of time.
Adhesive felt pads are often placed on the feet of furniture to prevent scratching laminate flooring.
Laminate flooring is a solution for any homeowner who has always dreamed of hardwood floors but does not want to deal with the hassle of natural wood or the hefty price tag. Laminate flooring is perfect in any room of the home. It’s durable, easy to care for and will match any furniture, colours and décor.